Nothing says Saturday morning like a stack of pancakes!
However, these pancakes are a healthier alternative and only use a few ingredients. My favorite part is that these still have the taste and texture of a traditional pancake. I found this recipe on Minimalist Baker (see the original here). https://minimalistbaker.com/5-ingredient-banana-egg-pancakes/
Makes 6 pancakes
What you need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray or oil
Optional: The original recipe calls for 2 tsp baking powder to make them rise more, but I was happy with this consistency. I have also made these with the addition of ½ scoop of protein powder. If you are watching your carbs, the flour can be omitted, and you will still have delicious pancakes although they will be less fluffy.
1) Mash your bananas in a mixing bowl
2) Add vanilla extract, and eggs and whisk until combined
3) Slowly add flour and whisk until you have a smooth batter
Tip: I do these first 2 steps at once in my smoothie blender, then add the flour and blend again until smooth.
4) Place a large pan or skillet on medium heat, add oil or cooking spray to coat the pan
5) Lower to low-medium heat, cook your pancakes until golden brown and enjoy!
Tip: I did notice that these pancakes cook a little faster than traditional ones, so we’re lowering the heat a little bit to prevent burning.
This trendy breakfast is worth a try. Avocados are high in healthy fats, which will help you to stay full longer. Plus, you can throw this together in under 10 minutes.
First, toast your bread and spread on some butter or oil (I use coconut oil). Then, melt on your cheese and top with avocado, veggies, and seasoning. My seasonings of choice are salt, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ avocado
- 1 English muffin or slice of bread
- 2 – 3 slices of tomato or veggies of choice
- Spinach or another green
- 2 slices of cheese
- Seasoning to taste
- Oil or butter